- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Chateau Maris
- Primary grape: Syrah
- Secondary grape: Grenache
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.29
- Code: 39621
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine by Chateau Maris is produced in Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Domaine des Comtes Mediterranee. Maris Organic Zulu Rouge, No Added Sulphite, Vin de France is an inviting wine, made from Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made following organic methods and perfect for vegan consumers. Passionate about nature, Robert Eden started organic and biodynamic wine growing at Château Maris in 1997: “For me it’s all about respecting the whole cycle and not just part of it. We have strived to consider all aspects of our impact.” He’s a committed pioneer and a reference for organic and biodynamic winemaking, and took part in the COP 21 meetings and lectures on how to reduce negative impact on the environment in the wine industry.
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France