- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: France
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Le Bosq
- Primary grape: Carignan
- Secondary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.15
- Code: 31824
- 2018, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Light, bright, fresh reds
- Appenzeller, Brie, chaumes, Cheddar, Cheshire, Gruyère, Morbier, parmesan, Port-Salut. Creamy blue
- Bouillabaisse, cod with pancetta, seared e.g. salmon, sea bass, sea bream, tuna
- Anise, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, mint, sage, saffron
- Light pork dishes, black pudding, charcuterie, roast chicken, goose, guinea fowl, turkey
- Bolognese, tomato-based sauces e.g. napoletana. Lasagne, spicy sauces e.g. arrabiata, chorizo and paprika
- Spicy, savoury e.g. teriyaki. Light Indian e.g. rogan josh. Jerk chicken or pork, piri-piri
- Smoked and cured-meat salads. Grilled vegetables, olives, ratatouille, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous red wine made by Le Bosq is produced in the Vin de France area of France. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Badet Clement. Le Bosq Rouge is a delighful wine, made from Grenache/Garnacha grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Good with light Mediterranean dishes with cream, cheese or tomato sauces.
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Carignan is a red grape variety of Spanish origin that is more commonly found in French wine but is widely planted throughout the western Mediterranean and around the globe.
- Baking Spices
- Cured Meat
- Dried Cranberry
- Tobacco Leaf
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France