- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2017/2018
- Producer: M. Chapoutier
- Primary grape: Grenache
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £24.52
- Code: 37742
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This superb red Wine produced by M. Chapoutier is made in the Gigondas area of Rhône. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Gigondas, M. Chapoutier is an interesting wine, made from Grenache grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Spicy, rich, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and chicken dishes with hot, tangy or fruity dark sauces.
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France