- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: M. Chapoutier
- Primary grape: Grenache
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £24.30
- Code: 37742
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This red wine is made by in Rhône. Spicy, rich, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and chicken dishes with hot, tangy or fruity dark sauces. Formed from primarily Grenache grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. Supplied by Mentzendorff & Co.
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France