- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: M. Chapoutier
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £19.18
- Code: 28345
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine by M. Chapoutier is grown in the Crozes-Hermitage area of the Rhône Valley. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Hatch Mansfield. Crozes-Hermitage, Petite Ruche, M.Chapoutier is a delicious wine, made from Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Spicy, rich, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and chicken dishes with hot, tangy or fruity dark sauces. This wine is now part of our core range.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France