- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £33.85
- Code: 24469
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This superb red Wine by Jean-Luc Colombo is produced in the Châteauneuf-du-Pape area of the Rhône Valley. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Les Bartavelles, Jean-Luc Colombo is a delicious wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah, Grenache/Garnacha and Mourvèdre/Monastrell grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Juicy, ripe and rich, perfect with spicy lamb or opulently flavoured beef dishes.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France