- Type: Champagne Rosé NV
- Country: France
- Region: Champagne
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Pommery
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £77.64
- Code: 24070
- Abv: 12.5%
- SILVER (NV) International Wine & Spirit Competition 2016
Rosé sparkling wines
- Sushi and sashimi; flavoursome seafood such as mullet with fennel or tuna tartare. Grilled lobster, prawns and crab
- Cured meats, full-flavoured duck dishes; chicken, pork and rich game meats such as pheasant or grouse
- Tomato-dominated sauces and other full-flavoured and savoury sauces. Truffle oil, Aioli, BBQ or mushroom sauces
- Middle-eastern mezze style lamb dishes and Asian flavours; Indian snack foods and Tandoori spice
- Artichokes, leeks, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Egg, niçoise, fish and rocket salads.
About the Champagne
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
An area to the east of Paris famed for its sparkling wines made from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. As many as 50 wines made from different grapes are used to construct a single wine.Explore France