Latest newsCheck here for short updates and information from our business and the wider industry.Read more
The Scottish Government has confirmed that hospitality business can reopen outdoor spaces from the 6th of July, with a broader reopening of indoor pubs, bars and restaurants to follow on the 15th of July.
Ahead of the industry reopening, guidance for the tourism and hospitality industry has been provided. The advice outlines the need for 2m distancing, which operators should encourage with floor markings and signage. The use of one-way systems and staggered arrival and departure times are also encouraged to reduce crowding. The guidelines, which can be viewed here, also call for enhanced cleaning measures to be implemented, and hand hygiene promoted.
As with venues in England, operators will be required to record and retain a list of customer contact details. This measure was announced alongside a timeline for the phased reopening and scaling up of business in Scotland. Details of these indicative dates can be found below;
Phase 2 - Indicative Dates
- 3 July - Travel distance restriction relaxed.
- 3 July - Self-catering accommodation and second homes (without shared facilities) permitted.
- 6 July - Outdoor hospitality (subject to physical distancing rules and public health advice).
- 15 July - All holiday accommodation permitted (following relevant guidance).
- 15 July - Indoor hospitality (subject to physical distancing rules and public health advice).
- 15 July - Museums, galleries, cinemas, monuments, libraries - with physical distancing and other measures.
Advice on dates to be provided following a review on the 9th of June 9 (unlikely to be before 23 July)
- Universities and colleges - phased return with blended model of remote learning and limited on campus learning where a priority. Public health measures (including physical distancing) in place.
Following will be subject to further public health advice:
- Live events (outdoors) - with physical distancing and restricted numbers.
- Live events (indoors) - with physical distancing and restricted numbers.
- Other indoor entertainment venues (e.g. nightclubs, bingo, theatres, music venues).
Full detail of reopening dates can be found here
Our team in Scotland is on hand to help. With the best and most experienced on-trade team ready to support you, don't hesitate to get in touch with our team;