- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Viña Pomal
- Primary grape: Viura
- Secondary grape: Malvasia
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.86
- Code: 28262
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This delightful white wine made by Viña Pomal is produced in Rioja. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Codorniu International. Viña Pomal Rioja Blanco Viura-Malvasía is a delicious wine, made from Tempranillo grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces.
The Viura wines have a taste mildly acidic, mildly alcoholic variety, with flavours of grapefruits and citrus. Viura is called Macabeo and is the primary blending grape in Cava sparkling wines.
- Honeydew Melon
- Lemon Verbena
- Lime Peel
Malvasia is a variety of group of wine grapes, which produces a variety of rich white wine. This grape creates highly rich wines through a wide range of tasteful and classy wines.
- Green Almond
- Sea Shell
- White Peach
- Wild Flowers
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain