- Type: White
- Country: Portugal
- Region: Portugal
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Quinta das Arcas
- Primary grape: Albariño
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.64
- Code: 33966
- GOLD (2017) SOMMELIER WINE AWARDS 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This rosé wine is made by Quinta das Arcas in Minho. Wonderful fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes. Formed from primarily Albariño grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Quinta das Arcas.
A crisp, refreshing white mostly found growing in cooler areas close to the sea where it can attain briny flavours. Its heartlands is in Galacia, Spain's rain- sodden north-west, and Portugal's Vinho Verde region, where it's known as Alvarinho and Cainho Branco.
Portugal has many different regions and wine styles to explore. Its terroir is so diverse, from mountain to maritime vineyards, hot and dry or cool and green, producing port, light whites, full-bodied reds and delicious rosés.Explore Portugal