- Type: White
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Durbanville
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Durbanville Hills
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.61
- Code: 24506
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine produced by Durbanville Hills is grown in Durbanville. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Distell. Durbanville Hills Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville is an inviting wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Producing contemporary wines while respecting the environment, they are recognised for conforming to the code of fair labour practices introduced by the Wine and Agricultural Industry Ethical Trade Association. The new ethical seal, will be displayed on 12 of their wines, the highest of any South African winery to date. Modelled on South Africa’s sustainability seal, developed to promote awareness of the production integrity followed at every stage of the supply chain.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa