- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Château Doisy Daëne
- Primary grape: Sémillon
- Secondary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £46.56
- Code: 31591
- GOLD (2015) Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Luscious, rich, sticky, sweet wines
- Great with cheese, particularly blue cheeses like Roquefort, an example of salt and sweet working together brilliantly.
- Will partner with fruit-based dishes if the acidity levels balance. Fantastic with pastries, rich cakes and desserts demonstrating similarly high levels of sweetness.
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Château Doisy Daëne in Bordeaux. Luscious, sticky, sweet - heaven with rich and equally sweet and rich desserts. It is created with mosty Sémillon grapes. Supplied by Earl D et F Dubourdieu.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France