- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Chapel Down
- Primary grape: Bacchus
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.98
- Code: 37819
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This sparkling white wine is made by Chapel Down in England. Pairs beautifully with canapés and bowls of fresh English strawberries. It is created with mosty Bacchus grapes. Supplied by Chapel Down.
A leading English producer with a world-class range of sparkling and still wines. Based in Kent, winemaker Josh Donaghay-Spire sources fruit across the South East and produces traditional method sparkling wines, crisp, aromatic white wines, delicate rosés and elegant light red wines. The ability to source grape varieties from different terroirs enables results in a broad range of wine styles whilst also dedicating the best plots to single vineyard projects, such as the Kit’s Coty collection.
Our national vineyards are growing and thriving and this is an exciting time for the burgeoning industry with 2018 being a record year and forecasts set to grow to production of 40 million bottles by 2040.Explore England