- Type: Sparkling Wine Rosé
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Codorníu
- Primary grape: Monastrell
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.40
- Code: 25129
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Rosé sparkling wines
- Sushi and sashimi; flavoursome seafood such as mullet with fennel or tuna tartare. Grilled lobster, prawns and crab
- Cured meats, full-flavoured duck dishes; chicken, pork and rich game meats such as pheasant or grouse
- Tomato-dominated sauces and other full-flavoured and savoury sauces. Truffle oil, Aioli, BBQ or mushroom sauces
- Middle-eastern mezze style lamb dishes and Asian flavours; Indian snack foods and Tandoori spice
- Artichokes, leeks, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Egg, niçoise, fish and rocket salads.
About the Wine
This sparkling rosé wine is made by Codorníu in Catalunya. Versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta. Formed from primarily Monastrell grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. Supplied by Codorniu International.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
A deeply bold, smoky red wine found in abundance in Central Spain and Southern France (where it’s known as Mourvèdre).
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Meat
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain