- Type: Rosé
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Le Coq Perdu
- Primary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.93
- Code: 37666
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Rich, fruity rosés
- Some soft, creamy cheeses work such as Camembert and Brie. Goat and sheep cheeses pair well too
- Generally pairs better with rich fish dishes. Boldly flavoured fish e.g. crab, lobster, salmon, tuna
- Saffron, paprika, turmeric, Cajun, BBQ spices, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, oregano, thyme
- BBQ meats, lamb, grilled chicken, duck, pork, charcuterie
- Light pasta dishes, pesto, arrabiata, cacio e pepe, citrus-based dressings
- Mildly spicy curries Indian curries, Thai and Malay curries. Spiced chicken and pork
- Salade Niçoise, Mediterranean and cured-meat salads. Tapenade, olives, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This enjoyable rosé Wine produced by Le Coq Perdu is made in the Pays d’Oc area of Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by LGI (Viticulteurs de L'Union). Le Coq Perdu GSM Rosé, Pays d'Oc is an inviting wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Mourvèdre/Monastrell grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Deliciously versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France