- Type: Rosé
- Country: France
- Region: Provence
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Mirabeau
- Primary grape: Grenache
- Secondary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.17
- Code: 29258
- 2018, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2018, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This super rosé Wine by Mirabeau is crafted in Provence. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Vertuvin SARL. Côtes de Provence Rosé Pure, Mirabeau is a delighful wine, made with Grenache, Shiraz/Syrah and Vermentino grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Deliciously versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
The Mirabeau story is one of following a dream and the pursuit of a deeply held passion for wine. In 2009, the Cronks decided to swap their family life in South London for a new beginning as wine producers in Provence. Armed with big ambitions to make world-class rosé wines and willing to challenge established wisdom, they founded Mirabeau in 2010. Mirabeau wines have a multitude of awards from the industry, as well as several positive reviews from critics.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France