- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Central Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Santa Rita
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.21
- Code: 35757
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine produced by Santa Rita is crafted in the Central Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Santa Rita. Santa Rita 8KM Merlot, Central Valley is a mouth-watering wine, made from Merlot grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. A great all-rounder, as good with Mediterranean dishes as with spicy food or a Sunday roast.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Established in 1880 and based outside Santiago, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest, respected wineries. Their flagship Santa Rita 120, is the best-selling Chilean wine brand. It has been recognised globally for its sustainability management - environmentally friendly, socially equitable and economically viable across all practices. Sustainability is top of the agenda and was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code, successfully re-certified annually since 2011.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile