- Type: Red
- Country: Portugal
- Region: Douro
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Quinta das Murças
- Primary grape: Touriga Franca
- Secondary grape: Touriga Nacional
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.20
- Code: 34484
- SILVER Outstanding (2016) International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018
- BRONZE (2015) Decanter World Wine Awards 2017
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Quinta das Murças in Douro. Rich berry fruits and spice make this the perfect partner for roasted red meats. Formed from primarily Touriga Franca grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Esporão.
Used mainly for Port wine production, this grape produces deep colour wines with floral, red-fruit flavours. It is more aromatic and lighter bodied than Touriga Nacional.
- Blackberry Sauce
- Pink Peppercorn
- Rose Petal
Touriga Nacional is a dark-skinned grape variety used to produce some of the finest wines from Portugal. With bold dark-fruit flavours, when drinking can brink some dark chocolate and violet notes.
- Dark Chocolate
Portugal has many different regions and wine styles to explore. Its terroir is so diverse, from mountain to maritime vineyards, hot and dry or cool and green, producing port, light whites, full-bodied reds and delicious rosés.Explore Portugal