- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Pezat
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Franc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.99
- Code: 37543
- 2015, Bronze Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine from Pezat is grown in the Bordeaux Supérieur area of Bordeaux. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Chateau Teyssier Pezat. Pezat, Bordeaux Supérieur is a delicious wine, made with Merlot and Cabernet Franc grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. A Merlot based Claret, supple, juicy and versatile with elegant chicken, beef, lamb and vegetable dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
It is principally grown for blending with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in the Bordeaux style. Depending on the region, additional aromas include tobacco, raspberry, bell pepper, cassis and violets.
- Bell Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Crushed Gravel
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France