- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Marqués de Morano
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.80
- Code: 39338
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This superb red Wine from Marqués de Morano is made in Rioja. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Criadores. Marqués de Morano Rioja Reserva is an interesting wine, made with Tempranillo and Mazuelo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Fruity, smooth Rioja is ideal with spicy chicken, grilled or roasted dark meats and rich vegetarian dishes.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain