- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Puglia
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Feudi Salentini
- Primary grape: Primitivo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.07
- Code: 33189
- BRONZE (2016) Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Feudi Salentini in Puglia. Mature, oak-aged fruit – great with grilled meats or pasta. It is created with mosty Primitivo grapes. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Feudi Salentini.
A fruit-forward-yet-bold red that’s loved for its red fruit flavors and smoky exotic spice notes. Known in America as Zinfandel where it is also made in sweeter rose style and in Southern Italy.
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy