- Type: Red
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Drifting Wines
- Primary grape: Zinfandel
- Secondary grape: Petite Sirah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.83
- Code: 35675
- 2016, Bronze Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This delightful red Wine produced by Drifting Wines is made in the Lodi County area of California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Goldstone Land Company. Drifting Old Vine Zinfandel Lodi is an inviting wine, made with Zinfandel and Petite Sirah grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
A fruit-forward-yet-bold red that’s loved for its red fruit flavors and smoky exotic spice notes. Known in America as Zinfandel where it is also made in sweeter rose style and in Southern Italy.
This grape is well known for its deep colour and high tanning levels. The dominant flavors are that of dark chocolate, blueberry, black pepper, sugar plum and black tea.
- Black Pepper
- Black Tea
- Dark Chocolate
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA