- Type: Red
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Drifting Wines
- Primary grape: Zinfandel
- Secondary grape: Petite Sirah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.35
- Code: 35675
- BRONZE (2016) SOMMELIER WINE AWARDS 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Drifting Wines in California. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak. Formed from primarily Zinfandel grapes, this wine is vegetarian. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Goldstone Land Company.
A fruit-forward-yet-bold red that’s loved for its red fruit flavors and smoky exotic spice notes. Known in America as Zinfandel where it is also made in sweeter rose style and in Southern Italy.
This grape is well known for its deep colour and high tanning levels. The dominant flavors are that of dark chocolate, blueberry, black pepper, sugar plum and black tea.
- Black Pepper
- Black Tea
- Dark Chocolate
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA