- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Vintage: 2012/2013
- Producer: Château Lyonnat
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 1.5lt
- List price: £29.25
- Code: 20509
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine created by Château Lyonnat is crafted in the Saint-Émilion & Satellites area of Bordeaux. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 150cl magnum size bottles, imported by Milhade. Château Lyonnat, Lussac-Saint-Émilion is an inspired wine, made with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. A Merlot based Claret, supple, juicy and versatile with elegant chicken, beef, lamb and vegetable dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France