- Type: Champagne White NV
- Country: France
- Region: Champagne
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Lanson
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Screwcap: Cork
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £50.26
- Code: 11076
- Abv: 12.5%
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Champagne
This excellent white non-vintage Champagne produced by Lanson is crafted in France's Champagne region. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Lanson International. Lanson Black Label Brut NV is a delicious wine, made with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Excellent partner for light dishes based on white fish or chicken, green vegetables, salads and savoury cheese dishes.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
An area to the east of Paris famed for its sparkling wines made from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. As many as 50 wines made from different grapes are used to construct a single wine.Explore France