- Type: Champagne White NV
- Country: France
- Region: Champagne
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Alexandre Bonnet
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £29.00
- Code: 34800
- Abv: 12.5%
- NV, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- NV, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Champagne
This terrific white non-vintage Champagne produced by Alexandre Bonnet is crafted in France's Champagne region. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Maison Alexandre Bonnet. Alexandre Bonnet Blanc de Noirs Brut is a flavourful wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Excellent partner for light dishes based on white fish or chicken, green vegetables, salads and savoury cheese dishes.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Champagne Alexandre Bonnet has built up during many decades an amazing domaine of 45 hectares in Les Riceys where Pinot Noir thrives. The terroir’s rich history and microclimate are so unique that a specific AOC has been set up. Its unique Kimmeridgian clay-limestone soils are particularly favourable to Pinot Noir. Vineyards are planted to blend in to the local scenery by alternating vines and woodland, through partial grass cover and by planting hazel and rose trees.
An area to the east of Paris famed for its sparkling wines made from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. As many as 50 wines made from different grapes are used to construct a single wine.Explore France