Bartender Battles 2023 Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully.
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. This competition is only open to residents of the Great Britain (excluding NI) only who work as a bartender and are aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoter or their immediate families, its associated agents or anyone else professionally associated with the administration of the Promotion. Proof of age and employment may be required. Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entrant who does not meet the entry requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
3. Promoter: Matthew Clark Bibendum Limited, Pavilion 2, The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS99 6ZZ.
4. The competition runs 29th September 2023 – 20th November 2023 (the "Competition Period").
Competition, Progression and Winner selection
5. This competition is run through Instagram, but is in no way affiliated with Instagram. All Instagram correspondence received as part of the competition will be from the @matthewclarkltd Instagram page.
6. To enter, entrants must complete the online form available at https://www.matthewclark.co.uk/bartender-battles-2023/ including the required information.
7. The competition consists of four different rounds (three rounds to be completed via Instagram, with entrants being knocked out at each round, culminating in an in-person finale in London).
8. Each round being completed via Instagram will require entrants to record a video of themselves making a cocktail to fit the brief, sharing this to your own Instagram feed, tagging and DM’ing @matthewclarkltd Instagram page. The Promoter, in conjunction with Pernod Ricard UK Limited (“Pernod Ricard”), will select the winners for each round based on who they feel best meets the brief, who will progress to the next round. By entering the competition, you give us permission to share your video to our Instagram feed and/or stories, for the Competition Period and beyond. For rounds 2 and 3, Pernod Ricard may provide entrants with spirits to use in creation of the cocktails. Any products provided would be sent to the bar that the entrant works at.
9. Video submissions for round 1 will open on 29th September 2023 and close on 13th October 2023. The dates for the other rounds and the finale will be confirmed to entrants who have progressed as the competition progresses.
10. The finale will be held in person on 20th November 2023 in London, at the Pernod Ricard UK offices in Chiswick. Again, entrants will be tasked with making a cocktail to fit the brief, and the Promoter and Pernod Ricard will decide on the winner. Pernod Ricard will provide the travel to and from major cities in the UK but accommodation, if required, must be arranged separately (availability and mode of travel at Pernod Ricard’s absolute discretion).
11. All dates set out in these Terms and Conditions are estimates. Any changes will be notified to entrants who are still eligible for the competition as at the time of the change via Instagram DMs. Failure to meet the deadline for any round that the entrant is involved in will give the Promoter the right to exclude that entrant from the competition.
12. Promoter and Pernod Ricard’s judgement on winner will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
Prize and Prize Fulfilment
13. There is 1 prize (“Prize”) to be won by the overall winner of the competition. The Prize is being provided and organised by Pernod Ricard, who will take the winner’s details on the day of the live finale in order to arrange prize fulfilment. As part of the prize fulfilment Pernod Ricard may use a third-party booking agent. Any terms and conditions applicable by this third-party booking agent will apply to the Prize and will be provided to the winner upon request.
14. The Prize includes a 2-night trip to Åhus Sweden, the home of Absolut, for 2 people (winner and guest to be 18+), return flights from Great Britain (excluding NI) to Sweden, return private airport transfers in Sweden, food for the duration of the trip and an Absolut vodka guided distillery tour. The Prize must be taken on the dates specified by Pernod Ricard, which will take place week commencing 8th April 2024. Exact dates TBC, once the winner is known so as to align to flight times. In the event the winner is unable participate in the Prize on the dates required by Pernod Ricard, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and reach out to the entrant who came second in the competition.
15. Travel insurance is not included as part of the prize.
16. Winners and their guest must have a valid passport to allow travel to and from Sweden and must follow any Government travel guidelines in place at the time of the Prize. This may require winner and their guest to provide proof of COVID-19 status and/or proof of vaccination against COVID-19, and that they may be refused entry to the location if they are unable to provide the required proof. The Promoter will not be liable for the winner or their guest's ability to comply with any Government travel guidelines in place at the time of the Prize.
17. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be sold, auctioned or redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Pernod Ricard reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another Prize for it, of equal or greater value.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, vary or cancel the competition without notice as it may reasonably require if circumstances make this unavoidable (including, but not limited to, where entry uptake is insufficient, in the Promoter’s absolute discretion).
19. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
22. Internet access required. Participants are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the internet. These costs may vary so please check with your service provider for current charges. Participants should seek the permission of the person paying the bill before entering. The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
23. If any of these conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
25. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on Scottish law and the Courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in England or Wales, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
26. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.