TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The “Stir It Up” cocktail competition is promoted by Matthew Clark Bibendum Limited (“Matthew Clark”).
2. The competition registration will run from 11:00 on 10th January 2019 (“Opening Date”) to 17:00 on 14th February 2019 (“Closing Date”) inclusive.
3. All competition entries must be received by Matthew Clark via the entry method set out below by no later than 17:00 on the Closing Date. Any late or incomplete entries will not be counted, and will be disqualified from the competition.
4. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Stir It Up Rules”) and by Matthew Clark’s Promotion Rules which are available at www.matthewclark.co.uk/promotionrules (“Promotion Rules”). To the extent there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the Stir It Up Rules and Promotion Rules, the Stir It Up Rules shall prevail.
HOW TO ENTER
5. First Round: To enter the first round of the competition, you must submit by the Closing Date via www.matthewclark.co.uk/stiritup (“Competition Portal”):
(a) an original cocktail recipe;
(b) answer the entry questions about your submitted cocktail;
(c) state your full name and contact details; and
(d) choose a preferred regional heat venue.
6. Each entry must:
(a) Be your original cocktail recipe created by you;
(b) Use a base spirit from the list of spirits stated by Matthew Clark on the Competition Portal;
(c) Use a maximum of five ingredients from the list of ingredients stated by Matthew Clark on the Competition Portal. This includes the base spirit and any syrups or homemade sugar syrups, but excludes any bitters, or garnishes;
(d) Take you no longer than 90 seconds to prepare and serve;
(e) Reflect the “2019 Discovery” theme;
7. The first round competition entries will be judged by Matthew Clark’s spirits experts based on the criteria set out above, who will select up to 40 entrants (maximum 10 entrants for each regional heat) to take part in the second round of the competition.
8. Second Round: The second round of the competition will take place over four regional heats as follows:-
05th March 2019 – London– Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL
12th March 2019 – Edinburgh– Corn Exchange, 10 New Market Rd, EH14 1RJ
26th March 2019 – Manchester– Trafford Wharf Rd, Stretford, M17 1AB
02th April 2019 – Bristol– Ashton Gate Stadium, BS3 2EJ.
9. If selected, you will have a maximum of six minutes to present your competition entry, talk the judges through your recipe, choices and flavours, and prepare, serve and present your chosen cocktail to the judges. It is your responsibility to provide your own ingredients and glassware, ice and your chosen sponsored base spirit will be provided. You may be asked to remake your cocktail to ensure it can be made within the 90 second time limit.
10. The second round of the competition will be judged by a panel of two judges, who will select two participants from each regional heat to take part in the grand final of the competition.
11. Matthew Clark reserves the right to change the dates and venue, and the number of judges of the regional heats and of the grand final if there are circumstances beyond Matthew Clark's control which make it necessary to do so.
12. Grand Final: The grand final of the competition will take place in London on a date yet to be confirmed, and will follow a similar format as the regional heats. The grand final of the competition will be judged by a panel of four judges, who will select the overall winner of the competition.
13. The decision of the judges (acting reasonably) at each stage of the competition will be final.
14. Matthew Clark will announce the participants shortlisted to participate in each regional heat no later than 20th February 2019 and will contact each semi-finalist personally as soon as practicable after this date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry.
15. Matthew Clark will make all reasonable efforts to contact each semi-finalist. If you cannot be contacted or are unable to confirm your participation in the regional heat by 22nd February 2019, Matthew Clark reserves the right to disqualify you from the competition and to invite an alternative eligible participant to the regional heat, who will be required to confirm his/her participation in the regional heat no later than 26th February 2019.
16. Notwithstanding your chosen preferred regional heat venue, Matthew Clark reserves the right to invite a semi-finalist to attend an alternative regional heat at a different venue.
17. Matthew Clark will announce the finalists no later than 5th April 2019 and will contact each finalist personally as soon as practicable after this date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry.
18. Matthew Clark will make all reasonable efforts to contact each finalist. If you cannot be contacted or are unable to confirm your participation in the grand final by 12th April 2019, Matthew Clark reserves the right to disqualify you from the competition and to invite an alternative eligible participant to the grand final, who will be required to confirm his/her participation in the grand final no later than 17th April 2019.
19. The winner of the competition will be announced in person at the grand final. Matthew Clark reserves the right to offer the prize to an alternative eligible finalist, if you and/or your guest are unable to accept the prize or confirm your ability to travel.
20. You will be disqualified from the competition if you do not attend the regional heat or grand final on the date and time, and at the location specified by Matthew Clark.
21. Matthew Clark does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to attend a regional heat or the final or if you are unable to take up the prize.
22. The competition is open to all customers of Matthew Clark, except any subsidiaries or holding companies of Matthew Clark or subsidiaries of such companies, or their employees or employees’ families.
23. Each customer may enter a maximum of four employees into the competition, one for each preferred regional heat venue. An individual may not be entered for more than one preferred regional heat.
24. If you enter the competition must:
(a) Be aged 18 or over;
(b) Be available to participate (if successful) in your chosen regional heat on the date and at the location set out above;
(c) Be available to participate (if successful) in the grand final on the date and at the location set out above; and
(d) Hold a valid passport and be able to travel to Iceland in August 2019 on the date and at the time specified by Matthew Clark.
25. You are responsible for all of your own expenses and travel arrangements to and from the regional heat and the grand final, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Matthew Clark.
26. Matthew Clark reserves the right to refuse any participant entry into the competition. Matthew Clark reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
27. There is one prize of a 2 day trip to Iceland for the winner and his/her guest, including 2 nights of accommodation, flights to and from Iceland and transfers during the trip. Food, soft drinks, tea and coffee will be provided for both guests for the duration of the trip. Alcoholic drinks will be provided as detailed in the itinerary to be sent in advance of the trip.
28. The prize does not include travel insurance, food and drinks (other than the pre-arranged meals set out above), spending money, tax or personal expenses. No alcohol or food consumed at the hotel will be the liability of Matthew Clark or William Grant & Sons Ltd. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner and their guest.
29. The dates and times of travel and of pre-arranged tours will be as specified by Matthew Clark and are subject to change if there are circumstances beyond Matthew Clark's control which make it necessary to do so.
30. All travel arrangements, accommodation, meals, pre-arranged tours and tickets shall be arranged and selected by Matthew Clark in its sole discretion and are subject to change if there are circumstances beyond Matthew Clark's control which make it necessary to do so.
31. The winner will be responsible for ensuring that he/she and any person travelling with him/her are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the trip on the travel dates which Matthew Clark specifies.
32. You are recommended to check the up to date position on visa, passport and health requirements with the Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
33. Matthew Clark reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Matthew Clark's control makes it necessary to do so. No cash or other alternative is available. The prize is not negotiable. The prize must be taken by the winner and his/her guest and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
34. Insofar as is permitted by law, Matthew Clark, its agents, suppliers or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Matthew Clark, its agents, suppliers or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
35. All competition entries, including all recipes and any accompanying material, submitted to Matthew Clark will become the property of Matthew Clark on receipt and will not be returned.
36. By submitting your competition entry, you agree to:
(a) assign to Matthew Clark all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
(b) waive all moral rights,
in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
37. If you are a semi-finalist or the winner of the competition, you agree that Matthew Clark may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce you as a semi-finalist and/or the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
38. By submitting your competition entry, you agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by Matthew Clark and that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by Matthew Clark or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
39. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Matthew Clark may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
40. Matthew Clark reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
41. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.