- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Ánima de Raimat
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Albariño
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.26
- Code: 29256
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine produced by Ánima de Raimat is made in the Costers del Segre area of Catalunya. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Codorniu International. Vol d'Ánima de Raimat Blanco Costers del Segre, Raimat is a delighful wine, made with Chardonnay, Albariño and Xarel.lo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Elegant fruit-driven flavours for white fish and rich seafood, tasty chicken particularly with light creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A crisp, refreshing white mostly found growing in cooler areas close to the sea where it can attain briny flavours. Its heartlands is in Galacia, Spain's rain- sodden north-west, and Portugal's Vinho Verde region, where it's known as Alvarinho and Cainho Branco.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain