- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Galicia
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Vina Real
- Primary grape: Godello
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.69
- Code: 38404
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This terrific white wine created by Vina Real originates from Valdeorres. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Hatch Mansfield. Virgen de Galir Maruxa Godello is a delicious wine, made with Grenache/Garnacha and Tempranillo grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets.
Godello is a white grape variety primarily found in northwest Spain and northern Portugal. This grape delivers mouth-watering flavors of briny grapefruit.
- Crushed Gravel
- Lemon Zest
Viña Real developed its house style in the 1920’s with the aim of producing wines worthy of ageing from Rioja Alavesa. The vineyards border the ‘Camino Real’ or ‘Royal Drive’; hence the origin of the Viña Real name. It is one of the first wineries to produce age worthy wines in the Rioja Alavesa from Tempranillo. In 2004 the decision was made to replace the original winery; the resulting ultramodern winery stands as an icon image for the modern style of winemaking from Rioja Alavesa.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain