- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Galicia
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Virgen de Galir
- Primary grape: Godello
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.58
- Code: 38404
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
A white wine made by Virgen de Galir. Wonderful tropical fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or pork dishes. Made in Spain from Godello grapes, this wine is supplied by Hatch Mansfield. New to the range as part of our Autumn Release 2019.
Godello is a white grape variety primarily found in northwest Spain and northern Portugal. This grape delivers mouth-watering flavors of briny grapefruit.
- Crushed Gravel
- Lemon Zest
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain