- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Vidal
- Primary grape: Riesling
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.11
- Code: 13330
- 2018, Silver International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This cracking white Wine from Vidal is crafted in Marlborough. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Hatch Mansfield. Vidal Riesling, Marlborough is an inviting wine, made from Riesling grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood. This wine is within our core range for wine.
Riesling, a versatile, aromatic grape variety that can be expected to have good acidity, often residual sugar and light in alcohol. It can be made dry or very sweet. Key characteristics are lime and petroleum on the nose, followed by orange, apple, blossom, passion fruit and honey on the palate.
- Passion Fruit
Vidal’s vineyards provide most of the fruit for the Reserve Chardonnay and Gimblett Gravels Syrah. On the 800 hectare flood plain, the vines benefit from longer growing and ripening due to the soil’s ability to retain heat. Dedicated to environmentally friendly and sustainable winemaking, and a founding member of the Living Wine Group. Also a member of Sustainable Winegrowing (NZ) and is BioGro certified, meaning it's accredited to using organic principles.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand