- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Viña Real
- Primary grape: Viura
- Secondary grape: Malvasia
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.60
- Code: 24680
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine produced by Viña Real is made in Rioja. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Rioja Blanco, Barrel Fermented, Viña Real is a delicious wine, made with Viura and Malvasia grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces. This a core range wine.
The Viura wines have a taste mildly acidic, mildly alcoholic variety, with flavours of grapefruits and citrus. Viura is called Macabeo and is the primary blending grape in Cava sparkling wines.
- Honeydew Melon
- Lemon Verbena
- Lime Peel
Malvasia is a variety of wine grapes which produces a range of rich white wines. This grape creates refined and classy wines.
- Green Almond
- Sea Shell
- White Peach
- Wild Flowers
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain