- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla - La Mancha
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Talevera
- Primary grape: Airén
- Secondary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.45
- Code: 33950
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This cracking white wine produced by Talevera originates from the Valdepeñas area of Castilla - La Mancha. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by San Valero. Talevera Airen-Sauvignon is a delicious wine, made from Tempranillo grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added-sulphites. Zesty and aromatic with a soft, ripe fruit an ideal partner for flavoursome seafood dishes.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Airén is a white wine grape popular in the Valdepenas and La Mancha wine regions, where its tolerance of hot, dry conditions and poor soils made it the obvious choice of grape variety.
- Citrus Blossom
- Citrus Zest
- Wild Flowers
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain