- Type: White
- Country: Australia
- Region: Victoria
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Stonier
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.60
- Code: 35076
- 2016, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2016, Silver International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This terrific white Wine from Stonier is crafted in the Mornington Peninsula area of Victoria. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Accolade Wines. Stonier Chardonnay, Mornington Peninsula is a delighful wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
One of the first wineries on the Mornington Peninsula and a Halliday 5 star winery, Stonier was established in 1978 by the Stonier family, pioneers of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in this coastal region. Crafting elegant Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines from some of the Mornington Peninsula’s oldest vines and cradled between two bays in close proximity to Bass Strait, the cool maritime climate provides ideal conditions for these early ripening varieties.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia