- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Chateau St Roch
- Primary grape: Grenache Blanc
- Secondary grape: Roussanne
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.96
- Code: 35831
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Chateau St Roch in Languedoc-Roussillon. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine. Formed from primarily Grenache Blanc grapes, this wine is vegetarian and vegan friendly. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Maison Lafage.
This grape is originally from France, more commonly from the south of the country. It produced full-bodied wines with high acidity characterised by herbal, tea-like, honey and pear aromas.
- Meyer Lemon
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France