- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Campania
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: San Salvatore
- Primary grape: Fiano
- Secondary grape: Falanghina
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.45
- Code: 32782
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This super white Wine from San Salvatore is made in the Paestum area of Campania. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by San Salvatore. San Salvatore Palinuro Bianco, Organic, Paestum is a delighful wine, made with Fiano and Falanghina grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made following organic practices. Very much at home with Mediterranean dishes, fish and chicken.
Cultivated on the coast of Campania north of Naples, this grape is used for the creation of white wines. Wines are zesty with peach fruit, minerals, and almond notes.
- Citrus Blossom
Cultivated in Campania, this white grape contains a flavoured variety with a soothing perfume smell. Many winemakers use various winemaking techniques to play up Fiano's natural qualities.
- Asian Pear
- Honeydew Melon
- Orange Peel
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy