- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Raimat
- Primary grape: Albariño
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.74
- Code: 21910
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white wine from Raimat is crafted in the Costers del Segre area of Catalunya. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Codorniu International. Saira Albariño Costers del Segre is an interesting wine, made with Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo and Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Zesty and aromatic with a soft, ripe fruit an ideal partner for flavoursome seafood dishes.
A crisp, refreshing white mostly found growing in cooler areas close to the sea where it can attain briny flavours. Its heartlands is in Galacia, Spain's rain- sodden north-west, and Portugal's Vinho Verde region, where it's known as Alvarinho and Cainho Branco.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain