- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Robert Mondavi
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £31.53
- Code: 22788
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This superb white wine produced by Robert Mondavi originates from the Napa Valley area of California. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Constellation Brands Europe. Robert Mondavi winery Fumé Blanc is a delighful wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This cork closed wine is made with added-sulphites. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Robert Mondavi,widely considered to be the founding father of Napa Valley’s wine industry, held the philosophy of ‘enriching life through wine’ and has worked tirelessly to promote premium Californian wines, earning him an iconic reputation in the industry. Farming sustainably for years; named as the only wine company in California to receive an IPM Innovator Award in from the California Environmental Protection Agency for their environmentally-friendly pest control systems.
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA