- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Robert Mondavi
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.85
- Code: 22939
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white wine created by Robert Mondavi is crafted in California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Constellation Brands Europe. Robert Mondavi Twin Oaks Chardonnay is a delighful wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This cork closed wine is made with added-sulphites. A fine match for seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Robert Mondavi,widely considered to be the founding father of Napa Valley’s wine industry, held the philosophy of ‘enriching life through wine’ and has worked tirelessly to promote premium Californian wines, earning him an iconic reputation in the industry. Farming sustainably for years; named as the only wine company in California to receive an IPM Innovator Award in from the California Environmental Protection Agency for their environmentally-friendly pest control systems.
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA