- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Raimat
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Albariño
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.40
- Code: 17928
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine created by Raimat is grown in Catalunya. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Codorniu International. Raimat Solana Chardonnay Albariño, Costers del Segre is an inspired wine, made with Chardonnay and Albariño grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. In a unique setting, with pure meltwater from the snow of the Pyrenees, 100% of Raimat’s vineyards are now certified as sustainable by the CCPI.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A crisp, refreshing white mostly found growing in cooler areas close to the sea where it can attain briny flavours. Its heartlands is in Galacia, Spain's rain- sodden north-west, and Portugal's Vinho Verde region, where it's known as Alvarinho and Cainho Branco.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain