- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Venezie
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Pontebello
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.37
- Code: 37688
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This wonderful white wine from Pontebello is made in Italy. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Enoitalia. Pontebello Pinot Grigio is a flavourful wine, made with Merlot, Grenache/Garnacha and Carignan grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy