- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Umbria
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Bigi
- Primary grape: Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc
- Secondary grape: Verdello
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.73
- Code: 19485
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This terrific white Wine from Bigi is grown in the Orvieto area of Umbria. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by GIV Grouppo Italiano Vini. Orvieto Classico Secco, Bigi is a mouth-watering wine, made with Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc, Verdello and Grechetto grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Delicious bright, herbal notes - excellent with light Mediterranean, salad and seafood dishes. This wine is now part of our core range.
This grape is used to create Cognac and Brandy for its high acidity and low in sugar. The wine is generally dry and crisp, but with a fresh and fruity flavor and a bitter almond note at the end.
- Citrus Zest
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy