- Type: White
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Stellenbosch
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Nederburg
- Primary grape: Gewürztraminer
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.41
- Code: 29059
- 2018, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine produced by Nederburg is produced in Stellenbosch. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Distell. Nederburg The Beautiful Lady Gewürztraminer, Stellenbosch is a delighful wine, made from Gewürztraminer grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Wonderful fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
Gewürztraminer is a very distinctive aromatic variety. It's often full bodied, almost oily in texture with typical tasting notes of lychees and rose and can be spicy. Sometimes off-dry it can make a delightful wine match to Asian foods. However, high alcohol can be common and too much spice can clash.
Nederburg is South Africa’s most decorated name in wine, with more prizes and accolades than any other winery in South Africa including, Platter’s Winery of the year, 2017, number 36 for Drinks International ‘Worlds Most Admired Brands’ and in 2016, won International Wine & Spirit Competition South African Wine Producer of the Year trophy for the second time in four years. Nederburg is heavily involved in sustainability projects and WIETA accredited, promoting ethical trade in the wine industry.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa