- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Spain
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Casa Rojo
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Secondary grape: Verdejo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.25
- Code: 37660
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Casa Rojo in Castilla y Leon. Zesty and aromatic with a soft, ripe fruit an ideal partner for flavoursome seafood dishes. It is created with mosty Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Casa Rojo.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Arguably Spain's finest white grape variety, a herbaceous white wine that grows almost exclusively in the Rueda region of Spain. Not to be confused with Verdelho, a Portuguese grape used primarily in Madeira. Typically Verdejo dominated wines are crisp with soft, creamy, nutty overtones, and often accompanied by notes of honey.
- White Peach
The Casa Rojo team take a creative approach to the whole business of wine, building a sense of fun and spirit into an immersive experience with grape and terroir. The passion of these ‘wine designers’ can be experienced through a joyful journey to seven regions to meet some of the native grapes that are grown there.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain