- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Louis Jadot
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.44
- Code: 27071
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This superb white Wine produced by Louis Jadot is produced in the Côtes Mâconnaise area of Burgundy. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Mâcon-Villages Domaine de la Grange Magnien, Louis Jadot is an interesting wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Mouth-watering and fresh, perfect with simply prepared seafood, chicken and salads. This wine is now part of our core range.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Louis Jadot works closely with Matthew Clark, reserving some of their top wines and holding them in cellars in Beaune, giving the opportunity to enjoy Burgundy at its optimum maturity. From vineyard to bottle, sustainability is core. They've banned synthetic products on their soils applying tradition and encouraging vines to grow their roots to mine the soil’s minerality. Some of their vineyards have been managed biodynamically and investments made in an environmentally sympathetic way.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France