- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Provence
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Vermentino
- Secondary grape: Viognier
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.95
- Code: 31533
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine created by Jean-Luc Colombo is produced in the Pays de Méditerranée area of Languedoc-Roussillon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Hatch Mansfield. Les Collines de Laure Blanc, Méditerranée, Jean-Luc Colombo is a delicious wine, made with Vermentino and Viognier grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. Wonderful fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
Viognier produces aromatic and sometimes exotic wines, it may be thought of as a variety that offers some the approachable rich body nature of a Chardonnay, but with a more aromatic fruity character of peach and apricot. Now widely planted, almost always dry in style.
- Green Apple
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France