- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: La Campagne
- Primary grape: Viognier
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.09
- Code: 13430
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This white wine is made by La Campagne in Languedoc-Roussillon. Wonderful fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes. It is created with mosty Viognier grapes. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by LGI (Viticulteurs de L'Union).
Viognier produces aromatic and sometimes exotic wines, it may be thought of as a variety that offers some the approachable rich body nature of a Chardonnay, but with a more aromatic fruity character of peach and apricot. Now widely planted, almost always dry in style.
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France