- Type: White
- Country: Australia
- Region: Australia
- Vintage: 2013/2015
- Producer: Hardys
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £18.56
- Code: 28173
- 2016, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2016, Gold International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This superb white Wine produced by Hardys is produced in the Pemberton area of South Australia. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Accolade Wines. Hardys HRB Chardonnay, Pemberton-Yarra Valley is a mouth-watering wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
In 1853, Bill Hardy’s great-great-grandfather, Thomas Hardy, started crafting wines in South Australia. Bill, along with several other members of the family, remains actively involved. Eileen Hardy, an active influence in the Hardy Wine Company and honoured with an OBE in 1977 for her outstanding contribution to the wine industry. In recognition, each vintage the winemakers select some of the best wines to carry the ‘Eileen Hardy’ name.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia