- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Lazio
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Fontana Candida
- Primary grape: Malvasia
- Secondary grape: Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.79
- Code: 19481
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Fontana Candida in Lazio. Delicious bright, herbal notes - excellent with light Mediterranean, salad and seafood dishes. It is created with mosty Malvasia grapes. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by GIV Grouppo Italiano Vini.
Malvasia is a variety of group of wine grapes, which produces a variety of rich white wine. This grape creates highly rich wines through a wide range of tasteful and classy wines.
- Green Almond
- Sea Shell
- White Peach
- Wild Flowers
This grape is used to create Cognac and Brandy for its high acidity and low in sugar. The wine is generally dry and crisp, but with a fresh and fruity flavor and a bitter almond note at the end.
- Citrus Zest
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy