- Type: White
- Country: Chile
- Region: Casablanca Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Errázuriz
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Secondary grape: Viognier
- Bottle size: 37.5cl
- List price: £7.60
- Code: 20916
- SILVER (2017) Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Refreshing, racy, medium-sweet wines
- Sweetish, racy whites are good with some semi-soft, pungent cheeses.
- Refreshing medium-sweet wines will work really well with a surprisingly wide range of seafood and fish dishes.
- This style of wine also works well with light Asian dishes with sweet ingredients such as palm sugar.
- Great with the dessert course, there is little to beat them paired with desserts based on fresh fruits, or that are light and delicate, just as long as the wine is at least as sweet as the dessert.
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Errázuriz in Casablanca Valley. Racy and sweet, for the lightest and fruitiest of desserts. Formed from primarily Sauvignon Blanc grapes, this wine is ethically produced. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Viognier produces aromatic and sometimes exotic wines, it may be thought of as a variety that offers some the approachable rich body nature of a Chardonnay, but with a more aromatic fruity character of peach and apricot. Now widely planted, almost always dry in style.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile