- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: La Roncaia
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £19.28
- Code: 27130
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This superb white Wine produced by La Roncaia is crafted in Veneto. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Fantinel. Eclisse Venezia Giulia, La Roncaia is an inviting wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
The first La Roncaia wines were produced in 1998 in the small village of Cergneu, in the northern corner of Colli Orientali del Friuli, just 5 miles from the border with Slovenia. About 250 metres above sea level, maritime breezes protect the vines from the cold northern winds; the grapes benefit from the longer ripening period developing intense flavours. They farm some very old vineyards which produce tiny yields of high-quality grapes.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy