- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Loire Valley
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Couly Dutheil
- Primary grape: Chenin Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.13
- Code: 39622
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine produced by Couly Dutheil is made in the Chinon area of the Loire Valley. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Couly Dutheil. Chinon Blanc, Le Chenin, Couly Dutheil is an interesting wine, made from Chenin Blanc grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. The Domaine‘s vineyards are all grassed throughout and run according to the rules of sustainable agriculture, the estate has placed an increasing emphasis on high foliage, de-leafing around the bunches to keep the grapes healthy an then picking as late as possible to get full phenolic ripeness.
This great little grape is so diverse, it is capable of producing a broad range of wines from dry to very sweet and sparkling. It has a high acidity, can age very well, and makes a fantastic food wine.
- Passion Fruit
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France